Vincy Mas: June 29-July 10
Carnival is a tradition celebrated throughout the Caribbean. In St. Vincent and The Grenadines, the festival is Vincy Mas, an annual summer event celebrating the island’s arts and culture.
Vincy Mas 2018 is June 29-July 10 and includes the following shows:
- Junior Carnival, Calypso, Soca Monarch and Pan Fest – Junior events give children the opportunity to participate in the festival
- Soca Monarch Competition – Artists compete for the top prize by capturing the audiences attention with stage craft and other
antics fused with Soca melodies
- Dimanche Gras – Crowning of the National Calypso Monarch and king and queen of Carnival
- Miss SVG – The most anticipated local beauty pageant. The contestants compete in four main categories: swimwear, talent, evening wear and interview
- J’Ouvert Parade – A French term meaning early morning/dawn break. Participants purchase an all inclusive ticket with a large J’Ouvert band, which runs from midnight to early dawn
- T-shirt Bands – As the name suggests participants wear t-shirts of their favorite band and parade through the streets of Kingstown
- Mardi Gras – A parade of bands competing for the Band of the Year title and it also signals the end of Vincy Mas
Photo: St. Vincent and the Grenadines Carnival Development Corporation
We hope you will consider joining this celebration on your next vacation!